AssassinOnTheHillAssassinOnTheHill

Main Audio Favorites Reviews Stats 10 Fans

Make a Wish (KindLing A1S1) Make a Wish (KindLing A1S1)

Hey, sounds like you're getting the hang of mastering. Makes me jealous XD Good job keeping the same elements and atmosphere throughout the song while still keeping entertained throughout the whole piece. :) Awesome job. So, I assume you are going through with this project now? No takebacks?

Miyolophone responds:

I can always call takebacks, because I'm lazy and don't follow through on things haha
But yes, I think this will be a real thing. And yes, I'm starting to understand mastering tiny, tiny bit better...

ALESDA! - All 4 You ALESDA! - All 4 You

Undiscovered legend right here :) Nice job. Your songs are a joy to listen to!

AleXizGD responds:

EspiDev - Parfait [Kawaii Future Bass] EspiDev - Parfait [Kawaii Future Bass]

Wow, really unique and creative!

EspiDev responds:

Thanks!

How to Have a Perfect Day How to Have a Perfect Day

Was the story created form experience? XD Awesome job, Miyolophone. 5 stars as usual. :)

Dude I wish haha

Zelda Majoras Mask - Stone Tower Remix Zelda Majoras Mask - Stone Tower Remix

Well, I don't know much of the Zelda games, but this track definitely sounds like a quality video game track. I don't know if this is the video game style, but it seemed like the bass introduced at around 0:30 contrasted from the rest of the layers. The quality and mixing is pretty strong throughout the track, but I felt quite overwhelmed at about 1:41 - Each synth seemed almost independent, and then it all falls away rather suddenly, but the effects seemed to make up for it. Also, idk what the heck that laughing sound was at the end...

Good, strong track over all.

F-777 - Fairy Dust F-777 - Fairy Dust

Overall, I felt like the song could have used more layers, especially at the drops. The percussion at the beginning is a little buried, but I love those voice chops XD I think there should have been a buildup to the part at 0:57, or at least some sort of effect or cymbal to "smoothen" the transition. The drops weren't very distinguished, but I see that as more of a style thing. I think it's creative to stray from the classic EDM song structure, but I found myself sort of confused at how to register how each part of the song was contributing to the other parts. Each part of the song was well done imo, but how it all came together overall, I feel like each part was independent.

Awesome work, Jesse.

Market Day (KindLing A0S1) Market Day (KindLing A0S1)

Another Miyolophone masterpiece. It's beautiful, inspiring, and holds a lot of emotion, but I feel like your transitions could have been smoother. Maybe add a backwards cymbal to tie two somewhat contrasting parts together. Absolutely amazing work. 5 stars :)

Miyolophone responds:

Thanks for the advice, and I'm happy you liked it :D

Volt Volt

And now for an incredibly belated review:

I have a lot of small problems with this track. I like the intro - the background arps are nice and the synth at 0:15 goes with the flow nicely, but I think your buildup to the next part was longer than it needed to be and I lost my anticipation. I like the part at 0:45 but it sort of feels like a whole new song. I feel like the part at 1:15 was unnecessary, and sort of detracted from the flow of the track, because then everything changes again at 1:30 just for the build-up. And then there was the drop... where everything all of a sudden makes sense :P It was incredibly well mixed, especially the arps. Although I think it would have made it legendary if you had added some louder shakers when it repeats at 2:00. I really liked that you added the bass in at 2:30, it got me groovy again before I got bored with the bridge :) The melody at the second drop was greatly appreciated, as I felt that for most of the song the track was lacking a solid melody. As the long came to a close, I felt like the arps were a little overpowering, but it wasn't too much.

Enough criticism from me. All of it is just to mold this song to my taste. Really, you know better than I with what to do with your track. I just wanted to share my feedback. I enjoy listening to this very much. It's catchy, well mixed, and has a lot of variation. Keep making awesome music, Lockyn!

Lockyn responds:

thank you for the feedback - I appreciate it and I'm glad you enjoyed regardless!

Searching Searching

Aw, YEAH! That percussion got me bouncing around like nobody's business, and your piano never fails to impress :)

Lockyn responds: